Stuart Barton (Head of Department)
Relationship breakdown, whether after marriage or cohabitation, can be traumatic and difficult to deal with. You may be worried over how to meet the rent or mortgage payments. You may be unable to agree upon how you share care of your children or how to deal with child maintenance. You may feel unsafe around your partner and worried over what they might do next. It may seem that there are nothing but problems and no solutions in sight.
Help is available.
Our Family Department can offer tailored help and advice in all types of family matters including:
• Divorce or Civil Partnership dissolution
• Cohabitation disputes and unmarried family property
• Pre-nuptial Agreements and Separation Agreements
• Residence and contact disputes over children
• Care proceedings begun by a local authority
• Domestic abuse and family injunctions
Whenever possible, our philosophy is to help you resolve your matter amicably and without the need to start court proceedings. There is no substitute for obtaining practical advice if you are worried or unsure over your position. If you have an initial query over a particular aspect of family law, our Advice Guides may help.
To make an appointment call us on 01204 535 261
We offer Legal Aid (public funding) to those who are eligible.